It is a manufacturer of up to the mark Safety Products that support to workers who may be exposed to a variety of hazardous situations. MSA is based in the Pittsburgh suburb of Cranberry. With help from Thomas Edison the company was formed in 1914 to develop a battery-powered cap lamp for miners to help prevent methane-related explosions caused by open flame lamps. Since the turn of the 21st Century, MSA has seen record sales. Only a small portion of the company’s current products involve mining related products. The company’s competitors include Industrial Scientific Corporation and Dräger.
With 2015 revenues of $1.1 billion, MSA employs approximately 4,600 people worldwide. The company is headquartered north of Pittsburgh in Cranberry Township, Pa., and has manufacturing operations in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America. With more than 40 international locations, MSA realizes approximately half of its revenue from outside North America.
MSA helmet is very famous in Pakistan and all industry including Power Plant, Textile, Construction, Oil& Gas, Road construction used MSA helmet. It is very easily available in Pakistan. MSA safety products are well known and comfort to use during working hours by employees.
- From the 1930s to the 1980s, MSA produced fire helmets. The First generation was known as Skull guard and was a hard plastic produced in the 1930s to the 1960s.
- The second generation was a lighter plastic fire helmet and was called Top guard & introduced in the early 1960s.
- The top guard helmets were very lightweight and were also aerodynamic and were especially good for high winds during wildfires.
- The top guard helmet during the 1970s came in several different colors, black, red, green, yellow, white and oddly transparent.
- MSA Corporate Center – Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- John T. Ryan Memorial Lab – Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- Murrysville, Pennsylvania – Murrysville, Pennsylvania
- Jacksonville, North Carolina – Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Lake Forest, California – Lake Forest, California
- Toronto, Ontario – Toronto, Ontario
- Edmonton, Alberta – Edmonton, Alberta
MSA CORE PRODUCTS