Some of the most lethal incidents and most common in the workplace happen when people neglect safety when working at heights. This line of work requires meticulous preparation and protection in terms of safety procedures. You need to prevent fall injury by applying the correct safety procedures and confirming employees are properly trained. We’re going to show you some of the things that you need to do in terms of preventing workers from falling from heights, in relation to falls in construction sites.
Tips for Fall Prevention
- You need to identify each potential fall hazard, no matter if you are in construction, demolition, maintenance or anything else. When you are performing these duties, you need to be sufficiently equipped with the right tools when you are working on unstable and fragile surfaces.
- You need to assess situations and risks in which you might fall, because there is always a possibility for falling when you’re on a roof or at the top of a building. You need to first check out the aspects of the site, like the size, layout and nature, before you climb the ladder. Immediately inform your people in authority so that they can properly take action to address any risks you find.
- You need to implement protective measures in order to lessen the risks that you may be faced with at heights. You need to be able to understand the things that you should avoid and the things you should do in an effort to create the safest environment possible.
- You need to ensure that there are emergency procedures to immediately respond to fall incidents. Although you need to try your best to avoid falls, they may still happen. Your procedures should cater for fall emergencies and respond to them effectively.
- You need to ensure that prevention measures and the entire site has enough maintenance services so that your workers can be knowledgeable as well as prepared with the right tools to deal with a fall emergency.
- You need to do regular updates of all safety measures and risks assessments in the workplace as required.Make these issues priorities.
Also read: Fall Protection Plan
ADVANCED CONSULTING & TRAINING OFFERS WORKING AT HEIGHTS TRAINING
A safe workplace is crucial and ensuring that you have the right safety procedures and policies for things such as working at heights, first aid CPR, confined space entry, as well as things like WHMIS-GHS can create a great work environment that is safe and productive.
Since Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd.’s founding, their diverse team of certified health and safety professionals have taken great pride in their ability to deliver prompt, cost-effective and relevant workplace health and safety solutions.
First it is published @ https://advancedct.com/things-you-should-do-to-prevent-falling-from-heights/
All material is extracted from above site;